The Curse is the Solemn invocation of divine wrath on a person or thing. A word that intends to harm. According to the Bible, what curse is?
The Curse is mentioned in (Genesis 3:17-19) Then, the God said to a man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree of knowledge. But you listened to your wife and did eat from it. So I will curse the ground just because of you. You will have to work hard all for your life for the food that ground produces. And the ground will grow thorns and the weeds for you. And you (man) will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields. You have worked hard for your food until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the last day till you die, and then you will become dust again. I used the dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.” And second is mentioned in (Genesis 8:21) “The Lord smelled these sacrifices, and it pleased the Lord. He said to himself, “I will never again give the curse to the earth as a way to punish people. However, People are evil from the time they are young, but I will never again destroy that every living thing on the earth like I have just done.”
How curse comes in our lives?
The Curse comes in our lives when we don’t obey the rules that God made for humans.
- I will bless those who blesses you and will curse those who curse you. I will use you to bless all people on earth. (Genesis 12:3)
- The Curse comes in life with Idol Worship. Or any statues or pictures of anything up in the sky or on the earth. Because this is against our Lord. And God will punish their children, their grandchildren & even their great-grandchildren. (Exodus 20:3-5)
- When we don’t obey our parent’s curse comes in our life. (Deuteronomy 27:16)(Matthew 15:3-6)
- Cursed is the one who moves a neighbor’s landmark (Deuteronomy 27:17).
- Cursed is the man who tricks a blind man into going the wrong way. (Deuteronomy 27:18)
- Cursed is the one who does not give fear judgment for the foreigners, widows, and orphans. (Deuteronomy 27:19)
- Cursed is the One who shames his father by marrying his father’s wife (Deuteronomy 27:20).
- Cursed is the one who has sexual relation with any kind of animal (Deuteronomy 27:21).
- Have a sexual relationship with his sister or half-sister (Deuteronomy 27:22).
- Cursed is the one who has sex with his mother-in-law (Deuteronomy 27:23)
- Cursed is the one who kills anyone, even if he is not caught (Deuteronomy 27:24)
- Cursed is the one who takes money to kill an innocent person (Deuteronomy 27:25).
- Who does not support this law and agree to obey it (Deuteronomy 27:26)
Curse Can Be from God or Any Man who is a prophet, Levite or a man of God.
Things Cursed by God
- Adam (Genesis 3:14) “So the Lord God said to the snake, you did a bad thing, so bad things will happen to you. It will be worse for you than for any other animal. And you must crawl on your belly. And eat dust for all the days of your life.”
- The Ground (Genesis 3:17; 5:29) “Then the Lord God said to the man, that I commanded you not to eat from that tree of knowledge. But you agreed to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will surely have to work hard for all your life for the food the ground produces.
- Cain (Genesis 4:11) “Then the Lord said to Cain, “What have you done? You have killed your brother and the ground opened up to take his blood from your hands. Now Abel’s blood is shouting to me from the ground. So, you will be cursed from this part of the ground.”
- All who curse Abraham and Seed (Genesis 12:1-3; 27:29) (Numbers 24:9) “The Lord said to Abraham, just leave your country and your people. Leave your father’s family and move to the country that I will show you. Because I will build a great nation from you. I will surely bless you and make your name famous. And People will use your name to bless other people. And I will bless those who blesses you, and I will curse those who curse you. I will use you to bless all people on earth.” “Israel is like a lion, curled up and lying down. Yes, they are like the young lion, and no one wants to wake him! Anyone who blessed you will be blessed. And anyone who curses you will have a lot of troubles.”
- 12 Sins (Deuteronomy 27:15-26) “Cursed is the one who makes a false God and puts it in its secret place. Because these false Gods are only statues. ”
- 4 Sins (Jeremiah 11:3; 17:5; 48:10) “Tell them that this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: bad things will happen to anyone who does not have this agreement.”
- Any Deceiver (Malachi 1:14) “Some people have good, male animals which they could have given me as sacrifices but don’t. Some people bring the good animals and promise to give those healthy animals to me. But then they secretly exchange the good animals and give me sick animals instead. Surely Bad things will happen to those people, As I am the king and people all around the world respect me! “This is what the Lord all powerful said””.
Those who were cursed by Man
- Canaan (Genesis 9:25) “May there be a curse on Canaan! May he be a slave to his brothers?”
- Simeon and Levi (Genesis 49:7) “Their anger is so strong that it is a curse. They are too cruel when they are angry. They will ever not get their land in the land of Jacob. They will be spread throughout Israel.
- The one who build Jericho (Joshua 6:26) “At that time Joshua made this important promise. He said, “Whoever rebuilds the Jericho city will be in danger from the Lord. As when he lays the foundation, he will lose his oldest son. When he sets up the gates, he will lose his youngest son.”
- Any man gives a wife to Benjamin (Judges 21:18) “But we cannot allow our daughters to marry the men of Benjamin. We have made this promise. Bad things will happen to anyone who gives a wife to a man of Benjamin.”
- Saul made an oath not to eat before evening comes before he finishes defeating his enemies. (1 Samuel 14:24) “But Saul did make a big mistake that day. He took this oath: “if any man eats food before evening comes before I finish defeat all of my enemies, he will fall under a curse.” He made the soldiers promise not to eat. So, none of them ate didn’t anything.”
How can curse be removed from our lives?
- The Curse can go away from our life through the death of Jesus Christ. The verse (Galatians 3:13) “The law does say we are under a curse for not always obeying it. But the Lord Jesus Christ took away that curse. He changed the place with us (humans) and put himself under the curse. The Scriptures does say, “Anyone who is hung on a tree is under a curse.” Because of what the Jesus Christ did, the blessing that God promised to Abraham was given to all people. Christ died so that by just believing in him we could have the Spirit that God promised.”
- If anyone curses us then bless them in the name of the Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6:28; Romans 12:14).